4 sausage links, cut into ¼ in thick pieces
1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound okra, stems removed, sliced in half
2 cups onions, diced
1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
4 cups chicken stock
1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
3 Tablespoons New Orleans Seasoning
1 tablespoon Cumin
2 cups steamed rice
Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
1. In a large pot over medium heat sauté the sausage until browned, about 15 minutes. Remove the sausage from the pot and set aside. Drain drippings reserving 2 tablespoons.
2. In the same pot over medium heat, add the okra. Cook until slightly soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
3. Add the olive oil, onions, peppers and garlic to the same pot. Stir and cook until the onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
4. Stir back in the okra to the onion mixture. Pour in the stock, crushed tomatoes, New Orleans seasoning, and Cumin. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
5. Add in the reserved sausage and shrimp. Simmer until the shrimp are just cooked, about 5 minutes.
6. Serve over steamed rice and top with parsley.