Indian Spiced Chicken Skewers
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
1 -14oz can coconut milk
3 teaspoons lime zest finely grated
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoon tomato paste
3 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1 1/2 teaspoons Turmeric
1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 2 inch cubes
1 red onion, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 pint cherry tomatoes
Vegetable oil, to coat grill grates
Nann, greek yogurt, lime wedges, cilantro, for serving
10 skewers, 8-12 inches in length
1. In a large bowl whisk together the garlic, ginger, coconut milk, lime zest and juice, tomato paste, salt, cardamon, Turmeric and Red Pepper Flakes. Divide the marinade evenly between 2 bowls.
2. Add the chicken to 1 bowl of marinade, tossing to coat. Add the red onion and tomatoes to the 2nd bowl of marinade, tossing to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
3. Prepare grill or grill pan to medium-high heat, generously oil grates with vegetable oil to prevent sticking.
4. Thread chicken and vegetables ingredients onto skewers.
5. Grill skewers, turning every often until slightly charred, about 15 minutes. Internal temperature of chicken should be 160ºF.
6. Serve with naan, yogurt, lime wedges, and cilantro.