1 tablespoon Ginger Citrus Seasoning
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and de-veined, tails removed
8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3/4 cup vegetable broth
2 tablespoon red bell pepper, finely diced
1/4 cup whipping cream
1. In a large bowl whisk together the Ginger Citrus Seasoning, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions for al dente. Drain and then toss pasta with remaining olive oil in the serving bowl. Cover to keep warm.
3. In a large sauté pan over medium heat add the butter. Once melted whisk in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the flour is amber colored and bubbly.
4. Slowly pour in the broth whisking constantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Stir in the red pepper. Remove the pan from heat and whisk in the cream. Pour the sauce over the pasta. Toss to coat and cover to keep warm.
5. Heat the same skillet (don't worry about cleaning) over high heat, add the shrimp. Discard the marinade. Cook 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turns opaque and is cooked through, turning once.
6. Add the shrimp to the pasta and sauce. Serve immediately.