5 tablespoons, divided Curry Seasoning
3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup flour plus 2 tablespoons, divided
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
4 tablespoons olive oil
sea salt to taste
1 large onions, finely chopped
2 small tart apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl combine 2 tablespoons Curry, ¼ cup flour, and the chicken. Toss to coat.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 4 tablespoons of butter and the olive oil.
4. Once the butter has melted add the chicken and cook until just done and slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Depending in the size if your skillet, you may need to cook the chicken in batches.
5. Transfer the chicken to a 2 quart oven safe casserole dish. Set aside.
6. In the same skillet over medium-low heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and the onions. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
7. Add in the garlic and apples. Sauté until the apples until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour and 3 tablespoons of Curry. Using a wooden spoon, mash the onion and apple mixture until it is thoroughly combined and has a paste-like texture.
8. Return the skillet to medium heat. Stir in the chicken stock, 1/2 cup at a time until well combined.
9. Stir the cream and bring the sauce to a low boil, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes. The sauce should thicken quite a bit.
10. Remove from heat. Stir in the lemon juice and zest. Pour the curry sauce over the chicken in the prepared pan. Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
11. Serve with rice and the "million" condiments of your choice.