Cheesy Tuscan Twice Baked Potatoes
3 large Yukon Gold potatoes, skins on
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup milk, scalded
¼ cup sour cream
1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
2 tablespoons Tuscan Seasoning
½ teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Wash and dry the potatoes. Place potatoes on the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until fork tender.
3. Let the potatoes cool 15 minutes or until they they are cool enough to be handled.
4. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out the potato filling from the shell and place into a large mixing bowl. (We found that by leaving a little potato around the edge helps hold the potato together after the 2nd bake)
5. Add the butter, milk, sour cream, egg yolk, 3/4 cup grated cheese, Tuscan seasoning, and salt to the potatoes filling.
6. With a potato masher or electric hand mixer, vigorously mash the potatoes and milk until they are light and fluffy, adding more milk if necessary. Scoop the potato mixture evenly into the potato halves. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese.
7. Return potatoes to the baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tops are lightly browned.