Sweet Potato Casserole
3 tablespoons Maple Sweet Potato Seasoning
6 large sweet potatoes
8 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup sour cream
2 cups mini marshmallows - for Sweet Potato Casserole
1. Pierce sweet potato 5-6 times with a fork. Microwave sweet potatoes for 8-10 minutes each or until very tender.
2. Melt the butter in saucepan over medium-low heat. As the butter melts it will begin to foam and the color will go from lemony-yellow to toasty-brown. When the foaming stops, remove from the heat and stir in the Maple Sweet Potato Seasoning.
3. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel, discarding the skins. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade or blender, add the potatoes and seasoned butter. Pulse 10 times or until smooth. Add the sour cream, and pulse just until combined. Do not over process - see cook's notes. Transfer to a 9x9 casserole dish.
4. Preheat oven to broil.
5. Top purée with marshmallows. Broil until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes.
- If using an oven to cook sweet potatoes- arrange on a foil lined rimmed baking sheet and bake at 400ºF for 45 minutes or until very tender. Procced to step 2.
- If the sour cream is over processed, it makes runny sweet potatoes. Another option is to transfer the sweet potato purée to a bowl and fold in the sour cream by hand.
- If making ahead, at the end of step 3, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, bake sweet potato purée at 300ºF for 20 minutes before moving to step 4.