1 - 15oz can whole kernel corn, drained
8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon New Orleans Seasoning
1 package cornbread mix (8 1/2 ounces)
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 - 4oz can chopped green chilies, drained
1 - 15oz can creamed corn
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Butter a high sided 8 inch round casserole dish or high sided 8 inch square pan. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine the whole corn, 4 ounces of cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon of New Orleans, and sour cream. Mix well. Spread evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan.
3. In the same mixing bowl, whisk together the corn bread mix, eggs, milk, green chilies, creamed corn, remaining 4 ounces cheddar cheese, chopped onion, and 1 teaspoon New Orleans. Spread evenly on top of the first corn layer.
4. Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
5. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.