Blueberry Lemon Poundcake
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Zest of 1 Lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
1/4 cup + 4 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 - 8 oz lemon yogurt
2 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl beat the butter, cream cheese, and sugar at medium speed until well blended, about 4 minutes.
3. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla, lemon zest and 1/4 cup of the lemon juice.
4. In a small bowl measure out 3 cups of the flour. Remove 2 tablespoons and sprinkle over blueberries. Toss to coat. Set aside.
5. To the remaining flour add the baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
6. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture alternating with the yogurt, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Fold in the blueberries.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sharply tap the pan on the counter to remove any trapped air bubbles. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Cool completely.
9. Glaze: Whisk together the powdered sugar and remaining 4 teaspoons of lemon juice in a bowl. Drizzle over cake.