3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons Mediterranean Seasoning
1 teaspoon Cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1- 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes with juices
5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 1/4 cups)
6 large eggs
Chopped cilantro, for serving
Serve with naan, pita or toast
1. Heat oven to 375ºF.
2. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, add the oil, onion and bell pepper. Cook gently until very soft, about 20 minutes.
3. Stir in garlic, Mediterranean, Cumin, salt and pepper. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add in tomatoes and break up with the back of a wooden spoon. Simmer until sauce have thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in crumbled feta.
5. Make six wells in the sauce and gently crack an egg into each well. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until eggs are just set, about 8 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with naan, pita or toast and your favorite hot sauce.