Zucchini Tart with Zesty Lemon Herb
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, diced
1 teaspoon champagne vinegar
1 1/2 pounds zucchini, trimmed, cut into 1/8" thick coins
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
8 oz goat cheese, room temperature
2 tablespoons Zesty Lemon Herb
1. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with steel blade add the flour, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and butter. Pulse 10-14 times or until the butter resembles peas.
2. With the motor running, add the vinegar and 5 tablespoons ice water through the feed tube. Process until the dough just forms a ball. Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, add the zucchini in a colander set over a bowl. Toss with 2 teaspoons kosher salt and let stand for 30 minutes.
4. Spread the zucchini out onto a kitchen towel, roll up and gently squeeze to remove water. In a large bowl toss the zucchini and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
5. In a small bowl combine the goat cheese and Zesty Lemon Herb seasoning. Mix well. Set aside.
6. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
7. On a well floured board, roll out the dough into an 10-11" circle and place onto prepared pan. Spread the goat cheese mixture leaving 1/2" border from the edge.
8. Arrange the zucchini coins in tight overlapping circles (they shrink when cooked), starting at the edge, until the dough is covered. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
9. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the dough the golden brown. Serve hot or at room temperature.