6 large sweet potatoes
8 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons Maple Sweet Potato Seasoning
1/4 cup sour cream
1. Pierce sweet potatoes 5-6 times with a fork. Microwave sweet potatoes for 8-10 minutes each or until very tender.
2. Melt the butter in saucepan over medium-low heat. As the butter melts it will begin to foam and the color will go from lemony-yellow to toasty-brown. When the foaming stops, remove from the heat and stir in the Maple Sweet Potato Seasoning.
3. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel, discarding the skins. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade or blender, add the potatoes and seasoned butter. Pulse 10 times or until smooth. Add the sour cream, and pulse just until combined. Serve warm.
- If the sour cream is over processed, the potatoes be runny. Another option is to transfer the blended potatoes to a bowl and fold in the sour cream by hand.
- If using an oven to cook sweet potatoes- arrange on a foil lined rimmed baking sheet and bake at 400ºF for 45 minutes or until very tender. Procced to step 2.