2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence Seasoning
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
2 shallots, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
6 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices
4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees. Butter a 9 x 9 inch baking pan. Place onto a rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
2. In a small pot over medium heat add the butter. Cook until the butter stops foaming, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the Herbes de Provence and the flour. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the flour is toasted.
3. Slowly add in the milk, whisking until smooth. Stir in the shallots, salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
5. Shingle the potatoes into the prepared pan. Pour the seasoned milk mixture over the potatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
6. Bake for 1 hour uncovered or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.