Pork Chops with Traditional Brining Blend Configure
1 cup Traditional Brining Blend
2 cups boiling water
3 cups ice cubes
3 quarts cold water
4 bone-in pork chops
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. In a large pot bring 2 cups of water to boil. Stir in the Traditional Brining Blend. Stir until salt and sugar has dissolved.
2. Add ice cubes to the brined water and stir until melted. Then stir in 3 quarts of cold water. The water temperature should be 45°F or colder.
3. Add in the pork, cover and refrigerate for 3 - 6 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
5. Remove the pork chops from brine and pat dry. Do not rinse! Let pork chops rest at room temperature for an hour before cooking.
6. Melt the butter in a cast iron or oven safe skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the pork chops 2-3 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer pan to oven and cook for 5-10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145ºF.
7. Remove the pork from the pan, place on the cutting surface. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.