4 ounces Pancetta, minced
1 large onion, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 large carrots, ½ inch diced
4 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons Sicilian Seasoning
1 can cannellini beans (14 oz), rinsed and drained
1 can cannellini beans (14 oz), rinsed, drained and mashed
1 can plum tomatoes (28 oz)
¾ cup tubetti pasta or mini penne
Parmesan cheese for garnish, grated
Italian parsley for garnish, coarsely chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In a large pot over medium-high heat sauté the pancetta until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer the pancetta to a plate leaving the drippings.
2. In the same pan over medium heat, sauté the onion, carrots, and garlic in the pancetta drippings for 5 minutes or until tender.
3. Add in the Sicilian seasoning. Cook 1 minute or until fragrant. Then stir in the reserved pancetta, chicken broth, whole and mashed cannellini beans, and tomatoes. Simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add the pasta and cook 10-15minutes until the pasta is al dente. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and parsley.