Herbes de Provence Popovers
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, divided
4 eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 cups milk, warmed
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence Seasoning
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Generously brush the popover pan with 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Don't forget to the outer rims. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and salt until frothy. Add the Herbes de Provence, and sift in the flour. Whisk until just combined. Then whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons butter.
4. Fill the popover cups 3/4 way full and bake for 20 minutes.DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR.
5. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake for an additional 20 minutes- again without opening the oven door.
6. Remove the popovers from oven and immediately prick each popover with the tip of a sharp knife to let steam escape. Serve immediately.