Herbed Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 tablespoons bread crumbs
4 teaspoons Turkey Rub
4 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup raisins
1 cup mayonnaise
8 slices bread
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Pound the chicken breasts to an even 1/2 inch thickness.
3. Arrange the chicken on the prepared pan. Sprinkle each breast with 1 tablespoon bread crumbs and 1 teaspoon Turkey Rub. Top each breast with 1 teaspoon butter. Bake for 15 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 160°F.
4. In the last 6 minutes of cooking, add the walnuts to the sheet pan with chicken.
5. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine the blue cheese, walnuts, raisins, and mayonnaise.
6. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, slice into 1/2 inch pieces. Add chicken and roasted walnuts to the mixing bowl. Toss to coat.
7. Make into sandwiches or serve as a salad.