2 cups farro, freekeh, or wheat berries
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons Curry Seasoning
1/2 -1 teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
6 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 cup pea pods, halved
½ cup almonds, toasted, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 red onion, thinly sliced and cut in half
3 cups shredded cooked chicken (from 1 rotisserie chicken)
2 cups baby arugula
1 cup parsley, roughly chopped
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1. Place farro in a medium pot with enough water to cover by 1 1/2 inches. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until farro is tender and water is mostly absorbed, about 25 - 30 minutes.
3. Drain. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
4. In the same saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in curry and red pepper flakes, stir until fragrant about 1 -2 minutes. (Add more red pepper flakes depending on your heat preference)
5. Stir in carrots and onions, season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until onions are translucent, about 6 minutes.
6. Add in the vinegar to the carrot- onion mixture and stir until evaporated, 1–2 minutes.
7. Transfer the carrot-onion mixture to the bowl with the farro. Stir to combine. Cool for 30 minutes.
8. Add the shredded chicken, arugula, parsley, pea pods, and almonds to farro mixture; toss to combine.