4 - 8oz Flat Iron Steaks
4 Tablespoons Coffee Chili Rub
- Blot the steaks dry. Brush the meat with a little canola oil. Spread the coffee chili rub on a baking sheet and roll the steaks in the mixture to coat, using about 1 tablespoon per steak. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour but longer-otherwise, the meat will begin to cure.
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Grill 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high until shimmering. Cook steaks 2 minutes or so on each side to create a nice crust.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven, and cook steaks until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 120° for medium-rare, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.