8 bone-in chicken thighs
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 tablespoons Toasted Sesame Ginger
1/3 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 limes, 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 head bib or Boston lettuce
12 tortillas, warmed
1/2 cup peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. Coat chicken with canola oil and 2 tablespoons Toasted Sesame Ginger. Add to prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160ºF. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar and remaining tablespoon Toasted Sesame Ginger. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Off heat, stir in lime juice and sesame oil.
4. Once cool enough to handle, remove the bone from the chicken and shred with two forks. Stir into the soy glaze.
5. Add a piece of lettuce to the middle of each tortilla, fill with chicken. Garnish with peanuts and if using add pickled shallots, cilantro and sriracha.
Pro tip: Preheat your oven to 350°F. Wrap a stack of five or fewer tortillas in aluminum foil and place the package in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until they are heated through.