Caramelized Tomatoes with Ricotta, Pasta and Breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon Sicilian seasoning
2 tablespoons capers, drained
1 pound pasta, I prefer angel hair or spaghetti
6 tablespoons butter
2 cups grape tomatoes
8 ounces ricotta cheese, whipped
Salt and pepper
1 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, the breadcrumbs, capers, and Sicilian seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally until the breadcrumbs are toasted all over and the capers fried, about 4 minutes. Transfer the breadcrumbs to a plate. Set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions until just al dente. Drain.
3. Meanwhile, heat your skillet to medium-high. Add the butter and tomatoes. Sear until the tomatoes caramelized, and just burst, about 8 minutes.
4. In a food processer fitted with a metal blade, add the ricotta and pulse until smooth, about 5x. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Spread the ricotta equally into4 bowls, top with the pasta, tomatoes and their juices, and finally the breadcrumbs. Serve with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.