Black Beans and Rice with Cumin
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons Cumin
3/4 cup uncooked white rice
1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
1 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
2 - 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1. Heat the oil in Dutch-oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until translucent. Stir in the garlic and Cumin, cook 1 minute or unit fragrant.
2. Add in the rice and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly toasted.
3. Pour in the stock and sun dried tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
4. Fluff with a fork and stir in the beans. Cover and allow beans to warm, about 5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve warm or room temperature.