1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons Honey Aleppo Pepper (Texas Cornbread Seasoning)
3/4 cup milk
1 - 8.25oz can creamed corn
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish.
2. In a large bowl add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and Honey Aleppo Pepper (Texas Cornbread Seasoning). Whisk to combine.
3. In another bowl whisk the eggs, milk, creamed corn, and the melted butter.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix until just combined. Batter may be lumpy - that is okay.
5. Pour cornbread mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for approximately 20 minutes until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Let cool 15 minutes. Cut into portions, and serve warm with butter if desired.