2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, chopped
1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1 package wonton wrappers, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. Make the filling: in a saucepan over medium-high heat melt the butter. Once the butter is bubbling whisk in the flour until a thick paste forms. Cook for 2 minutes until the flour is a golden color and smells toasted.
3. Slowly whisk in milk, cheeses, salt, and Nutmeg. Once the cheese has melted remove from heat. Stir in the spinach and artichokes.
4. Arrange 40 wonton wrappers on a clean surface. Brush the edges with water.
5. Add 1 tablespoons of filling into the center of each wrapper. Crimp both edges toward to center with your fingertips. Place on the prepared pan about 1 inch apart. At this point, these can be made frozen. No need to thaw, just add 5 minutes to your cooking time.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.