Raspberry Oat Crumb Bars
2 - 13 ounce jars raspberry preserves (I prefer Bonne Maman brand)
1/2 pint fresh raspberries
3 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 1/2 teaspoons Ginger Salt, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a bowl combine the preserves and raspberries. Mix well. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, butter and 1 teaspoon Ginger Salt. Press 2/3 of the dough into the prepared pan. Using the bottom of a measuring cup to form the even base.
4. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Spread the raspberry jam mixture over the top of the warm dough. Crumble the remaining 1/3 of the dough on top of the jam.
6. Return to oven and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Salt.
7. Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for 2 hours for bars to set up. Remove parchment from pan and cut into bars.
Store at room temperature in an airtight container for 3 days, in the refrigerator for a week, or frozen for up to a month.