Pasta, Parmesan and Peas
1 pound pasta, any shape
Juice of 1 lemon, about 2 tablespoons
3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
5 teaspoons Zesty Lemon Herb
1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup finely chopped herbs such as mint, basil, chives, and/or parsley
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated + more for serving
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions for al dente.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and Zesty Lemon Herb seasoning.
3. Three minutes before the pasta is cooked, add the peas in with the pasta. Strain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
4. Whisk in the reserved pasta water to the lemon juice mixture. Then add the pasta with peas, herbs and the Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Serve with additional Parmesan.