12 ounces orecchiette pasta
1 cup frozen peas
1 tablespoon + 1/3 cup plus olive oil, divided
2 leeks (white and light green parts only), thinly sliced
8 ounces fully cooked Italian-style chicken sausage links, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons Garlic Slices, Roasted
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Add in the peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Add the pasta-pea mixture to a large bowl.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks and sausage to the saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally until soft, about 7 minutes.
3. Add the leeks and sausage to the pasta.
4. Combine the basil, 1/3 cup olive oil, and Roasted Garlic Slices in a food processor or blender. Pulse for approximately 30 seconds. Drizzle the garlic and basil oil over the pasta mixture.
5. Fold in the parmesan, and pine nuts to the pasta, mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper. Add the reserved pasta water 1/4 cup at a time if needed.