Old Fashioned Apple Pie
1. Position rack in lowest third of oven and preheat oven to 400°F.
2. For the dough, add 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt to a food processor. Add in the butter, and cut pulse 10 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. Gradually add 6 tablespoons ice water and process until a ball forms. You may not need all 6 tablespoons water or you may need more. Add additional water by teaspoon. Gather into ball; divide into 2 pieces. Flatten each into disks. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. For the filling mix 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and Apple Pie Spice in large bowl. Add apples, and toss to blend.
4. Roll out 1 dough disk on floured surface to 12-inch round. Transfer to a 9-inch diameter pie dish. Fold the edge under, forming high-standing rim. Add the apple filling. Roll out second dough disk on floured surface to 13-inch round. Place 2nd disk over top and gently press edges of top and bottom crust together. Crimp with your hands or the tines of a fork. Brush the top with milk, and sprinkle lightly with sugar. Place pie in a rimmed baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10 minutes at 400°F. Then reduce oven temperature to 375°F and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cover edges with foil if they are browning too quickly.
6. Cool on rack 1 hour before serving.