4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
8 small corn tortillas
1 onion, diced
2 large tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon Cumin
2 teaspoons Adobo Pimienta
1 can beans, pinto or black, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons butter
Toppings: Cotija cheese, sliced avocados, fresh cilantro, sour cream, hot sauce, and/or lime wedges
1. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until shimmering. Add the corn tortillas, 2 at a time, and fry for 60 to 90 seconds on each side until golden brown and crisp. Remove the tortillas and transfer to a paper–towel lined plate to dry. Repeat this process for the remaining tortillas.
2. In a large bowl, box grate the onions and tomatoes. Stir in the garlic, tomato paste, Cumin and Adobo Pimienta.
3. In a skillet over medium heat add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Once shimmering, add the tomato-onion mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally until thickened, about 8 minutes.
4. Leave ¼ cup in the pan sauce and transfer the rest to a bowl.
5. Stir in the beans and 3 tablespoon water to the pan with tomato mixture over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, or until warmed through. Beans can be left whole or mashed with the back of a fork. Transfer to a clean bowl and wipe out the skillet, no need to clean.
6. Melt the butter to the skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook to your preferred doneness.
7. To assemble, layer crisp tortillas with tomato-onion sauce, beans, egg, Cotija cheese, avocado, cilantro, sour cream, hot sauce, and a lime wedge.