Greek Wheat Berry Salad with Oregano Chicken
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 teaspoons Mediterranean Oregano
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
8 ounces halloumi cheese, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup wheat berries, cooked
4 cups baby spinach
1 carrot, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Drizzle two rimmed baking sheets with 1 tablespoon oil each. Set aside.
2. In a bowl combine the chicken, Oregano, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Toss to coat and add to one of the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 20 minutes.
3. Add halloumi and add 1 additional tablespoon olive oil to second baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
4. Make the vinaigrette: In a bowl whisk the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
5. In a large serving bowl combine the wheat berries, spinach, carrot, chicken and halloumi cheese. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat. Serve or chill for up to 2 days.