2 tablespoons Chipotle Pepper Flakes
16 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped, divided
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon espresso or coffee (freshly prepared is best)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Toppings - finely chopped and toasted nuts, toasted coconut, cocoa powder, melted white chocolate, Anglesey Sea Salt
1. In a large heatproof bowl add the Chipotle Pepper Flakes, half of the bittersweet chocolate, and all of the semi-sweet chocolates.
2. Heat the cream in a saucepan or in a microwave safe container and bring to a simmer. Add the cream to the chocolate mixture and whisk slowly until the chocolate is melted.
3. Stir in the espresso and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
4. Spoon 2 teaspoon balls between your hands and roll into a ball. Place onto a baking sheet lined with silicone mat or parchment paper. Repeat with remaining dough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
5. Meanwhile melt the remaining 8 ounces of bittersweet chocolate. Roll the chilled truffles into the melted chocolate to coat and return to prepared pan.
6. If adding topping, decorate before the chocolate sets.
7. Store truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. For best tasting truffles, serve at room temperature.